Best snacks to go
Today I’m going to be sharing some of my favourite on-the-go snack ideas with you. This month I’ve been super busy, balancing Perth Fashion Festival with my regular work and study, which is why I’ve found myself leaning towards prepping food on the weekends and having them ready for the week ahead. I’ve made a list of my favourite snacks – I love these because you can make them all in an hour AND they taste amazing! These have been an absolute lifesaver during fashion week between castings, fittings and shows, but I also love taking them to work or uni! So here’s some of my faves:
– Veggies with hummus: Super quick and simple to make and the hummus is a great source of plant-based protein
– Bounce Plant Protein balls (of course!)
– Fresh fruit that doesn’t need prep like strawberries, bananas, apples and mandarins
– Crackers and hummus or other dip of choice
– Raw slices: My favourite at the moment is a mix of dates, cashews, cacao powder and coconut!
– Vegan banana bread: Need I say more? Recipe below:
– 1/3 cup non dairy milk
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 4 mashed bananas
– 1/4 cup vegan butter
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
– 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
– 1 cup plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– Pinch of nutmeg
– 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven on 175C.
2. Line baking tin with baking paper or oil/vegan butter.
3. Mix together milk and apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl.
4. Mix butter and sugar. Add in all dry ingredients plus bananas.
5. Add in milk and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine.
6. Pour into tin and sprinkle with walnuts.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted near the middle of the bread comes out mostly clean.
Hope you love these snack ideas as much as I do!